Setting up a new website? domain/hosting/cms recommendations
Why do we need a website instead of a free facebook page?
- You Need to Be in 100% Control of Your Online Presence; you can register a domain/ website under your name
- Don’t be at the Mercy of Someone Else; Facebook can kick you out any time
- Your Website is the “Hub” of Your Online Presence
Choose a domain
If you want a website for a local business then choose .ae domain.
Always choose .com domain if you want to target an international audience also .com is cheaper than .ae domain.
.ae domain is available in http://instra.com
A Server space for website hosting – shared hosting
It is recommended to go for a cheaper shared hosting instead of a dedicated server for a small/ medium scale websites. You will be getting speed advantage if your website is hosted in UAE or UK. This will help SEO as well. there are plenty of hosting company available to choose from
- WordPress – 60% of the total website in the world are built on WordPress. http://wordpress.org
- Magento – Leading Open source CMS for e-commerce websites https://magento.com
- Umbraco – Microsoft .net based CMS platform
Useful WordPress Plugins
- Yoast SEO / All in One SEO plugin: Both are good for SEO edits like meta title, meta description, site map, etc. use just one at a time.
- iThme Security: which help to block virus attacks and unauthorized login attempts.
- Woo Commerce – E-commerce Plugin for WordPress
There are plenty of themes are available online for free.. http://themeforest.net has a collection of the premium theme for less than 50 usd.
SEO Monitoring Tools
- google page speed https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ use this tool to review your site for google recommendations
- https://tools.pingdom.com to check the speed of the website
- Google Analytics – https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ to track the user behavior in our website
- Google Webmaster – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en this will show you your website positions in Google for each keyword
- Google Keyword Planner -( google ads ) you have to register in google ads to get this tool. https://ads.google.com/intl/en_ae/home/tools/keyword-planner/
Local SEO – Get listed in google easily
use the below link to register and upload your local business details. this will help you to list in google map & google search.