Web Design Has Become Pretty Expensive – Here’s Why
They say that if you want to be constantly stressed out, overworked, and strapped for cash for the next few years, you should become an entrepreneur.
As any business owner will tell you, it’s best to look for deals and go with cheap solutions wherever you can, especially if you’re a first-time entrepreneur. The bills really pile up quickly if you aren’t careful, so pinching pennies is a good strategy for your first couple of years.
However, where most people go wrong is trying to cheap out on marketing. It doesn’t matter how low your running and maintenance costs are if no one knows about you or does business with you.
Sure, you might think that there’s no point in paying more than a few hundred dollars for something as intangible as a website, but this is a big and all too common mistake. Let’s take a look at what a good website can offer you and why proper web design tends to cost as much as it does.
Why do we charge so much for our services?
As a web design company, we do charge a bit more for our services but not without good reason. The biggest reason is that it takes time and skill to build a good website, and these things cost.
Sure, you can get it for less, no problem, but it will look cheap and won’t be functional, that is to say, it won’t bring in more clients or allow those who stumble upon the site to get what they want within a couple of clicks. You never want to make it difficult for people to find you and hire your services or make a purchase.
Here in Dubai, 90% of agencies either outsource the design and development job or do it in their offshore offices in India or Pakistan. However, at element8 we have project managers, designers, and developers in-house in our Dubai office.
This is to ensure a high level of quality and creativity, as well as timely delivery. Of course, the cost is going to be a bit higher than with offshore companies. Paying more for an excellent-looking and fully functional website is a long-term investment that will allow you to become more competitive.
Looking at the bigger picture
It’s important to understand that you aren’t going to save any money by getting a cheap website, you’ll actually be losing money.
You see, cheap websites don’t bring in a lot of relevant traffic, and they will actually turn the few people who do try to contact you away – visitors will either get frustrated because they can’t find the information they need right away or they’ll leave because they’ve gotten the impression that you are not up to snuff.
It’s also important to keep in mind that not every website is the same. Building a website involves numerous risks and factors to consider, so choosing the right web design company to do it is a crucial step.
We don’t want to see a business owner losing money and wasting time, and that’s why we’re going to point out some of the most important differences between good and bad websites.
The key differences between good and bad websites
Here are some of the biggest differences between good and bad websites, so that you as a business owner can better understand why having a good website is essential to your success:
- Take forever to load, which turns away your potential prospects
- Have confusing navigation which causes problems for your visitors
- Provide unclear communication
- Fail to offer key information right upfront
- Use vague language
- Have insufficient mobile support
- Don’t get displayed on the first page of the search results
- Load quickly
- Offer clear navigation
- Have a user-friendly interface
- Make key information readily accessible
- Provide excellent mobile support
- Get displayed on the first page of search results
So, as you can see, a cheap website might seem like a good way to save money but it actually isn’t and it will do more harm than good in the long run.
The point of any business website is to bring in more customers and bad websites have significant flaws that will only slow you and your business down – not to mention the additional costs of redesigning your website once you become aware of all those flaws.
We charge more than other companies
We charge more than other agencies simply because our way of doing things actually provides measurable results that are sustainable in the long run. Our process of web design takes time and focus and produces beautiful sites that bring in more traffic and get visitors to convert.
The process of building a website includes several key steps we need to take before we can provide a satisfying product. These steps are:
- Understanding our clients – the most important step before we start doing anything is to get to know the business needs of our clients, but more importantly, the needs of their customers.
Every industry is different, and so are the needs of the market and customer behavior. We want to provide you with a website that will build trust with your consumers and enable you to convey the right message to your visitors.
- Providing advice – once we fully understand your needs, we begin to build your website according to your requirements and to do that, we need to work together with you. We will first provide our suggestions, recommendations, advice, consultations, and more.
Our main goal is to give you exactly what you need, and the best way to do this is by ensuring honest and open communication.
- Building unique websites – most cheap web designers will just use premade website templates, which isn’t necessarily bad, but it isn’t good either. That’s why we build a brand new website, giving it a unique look and features that ensure flawlessly.
- Choosing between a business and customer-centered website – our websites will help you target your wanted audience, keep them engaged, increase revenue, build brand presence and recognition, drive more traffic, generate more leads, and so on.
We always use fresh design concepts and never use any templates that are available online, to ensure that your branding and personality are reflected in your digital space as well.
Our websites guarantee solid results, which is the biggest difference between us and other agencies, and the main reason why we charge so much for our services. We’re fully aware that you want a website that will make a difference in an overcrowded market and with our services, that’s exactly what you’ll get.