WEB DEVELOPMENT TRENDS THAT WILL RULE THE YEAR 2021
The world around us is constantly evolving. A sapling today is a plant tomorrow that eventually grows into a lush tree providing shade and fruit. The sapling blooms into a healthy tree as it is well-rooted and strong enough to adapt to the changes in weather. The same principle applies to your business. If you adapt to the latest changes in technology and consumer mind-sets, you know where to focus and what steps to take to enjoy the fruit of success.
Today, all businesses need a solid digital presence, and a website is the salvation of any product or brand. To keep the business fresh and interactive, and to yield a good market response one should keep up with the trends in web development and incorporate them wherever needed.
At Element8 we have a team of web wizards in a constant pursuit to make your website appealing to your target audience with just the right innovation tools that your business needs to reach your customer.
After analyzing trends across industries and understanding the need of our clients and the psyche of the consumer we have put together a few webology ideas that might propel your digital presence in your industry.
1. Single-page Apps or SPA
- Great UX/UI in an innate browser environment
- Protected bandwidth
- Easier set-up and debugging with Chrome tools
- The emphasis on APIs
- The proficiency of a caching process
2. Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
Click. Click. Smooth and quick loading and easy navigation is what PWA is about. PWA integrates supreme user experience as it is empowered with modern APIs to provide reliability, and the ability to reach any device with a single codebase making it apt for cross-device compatibility.
They are fast and load instantly, and they also allow users to use services offline, while performing all the roles of an inborn app.
- PWA helps convey a smooth and intelligible web experience.
- Helps reducing rebound rates
- Works offline as it is connectivity self-regulating
- Makes your app consistent, adept, and installable
3. Artificial Intelligence Development
Website content and design become deciding factors for the credibility of a business. How do you find out if the customer is impressed or put-off? This is where AI comes to assistance. It helps predict customer choices thus allowing you to understand the user and shape your communication in the digital space accordingly. AI tells a great deal about a customer, for instance, what the customer is planning to buy, the ideal time frame during which a customer decides to buy a product. What kind of products gets maximum attention from the customer etc.
As the world is steadily and rapidly progressing towards a predominantly digital age chatbot, augmented or virtual reality will rule the markets.
For any web application to rank high in performance it has to be adaptable, speedy, and accurate. No wonder, WebAssembly is gaining quick popularity making Java almost obsolete due to its limitation in heavy calculations.
WebAssembly outlines an exchangeable binary-code format for programs, and an analogous word-based assembly language, as well as interfaces between such programs and their host locality.
- It’s free of programming language and platform
- Self-regulating of hardware
- Executes code with promptness.
- Affords an extraordinary level of security.
Ultimately, Web Assembly is a triangle of small footprint, cross-platform scripting, and speed. All three are crucial to modern web development.
5. Voice Search and Navigation
With digital almost taking over humans, command-oriented services are a new rage; with only further advancement of use and adaptability. Voice and search navigation will dominate web development as people prefer voice search over typing commands to make the search easy and quick. Most big brands implement voice search and navigation in their UX/UI design processes; this rapidly emerging movement simply cannot be ignored.
Voice user interfaces work as per the following algorithm:
- Speech recognition software translates input analog waves into an arithmetical format
- The audio input is broken down into isolated sounds, phonemes
- The software investigates each of them and compares them to words from the thesaurus
- Speech is converted to televised text or computer instructions
- Comfort of use
- Permits freehand interaction
- High speed of task accomplishment
- Fantastic user experience
- Insightfulness and accessibility
6. Native Apps will dominate the market
Native App allows you to work offline almost eliminating dependability on the availability of the internet, making work uninterrupted. An inherent mobile app is fitted straight on the smartphone and can work, in most cases, with zero internet connectivity subject to the competence of the app.
Native Apps largely deliver a better user experience and display powerful performance vis-a-vis hybrid apps. It is not surprising, more and more businesses are investing in multiple native apps for iOS and Android to facilitate a superior user experience.
- Extensive functionalities
- UI that better matches with user experiences of the OS
- Receptive and speedy performance
- Push notifications
- Quality assurance through rankings in app stores.
7. Motion design UI
Motion design is characterised by minimalistic design and refined interaction; enhancing user engagement. Motion Design must be considered in the UI/UX design stage for the movement to have meaning and purpose.
Elements to be implemented:
- Page header transitions;
- Pull-down menu
All of that will help you display your unique style and entertain the user, improving behavioural factors, and helping your web app rank higher in search results.
With the support of AMP, motion design can be implemented without loss of download speed; resulting in holding the user for a longer time.
- Defines your assembly and interfaces
- Affluence navigation
- Suppresses slow load times
- Intensifies session length hence sinking the bounce rate
8. Serverless Construction
Serverless architecture cultivates independent management of infrastructure to build and run applications and services. All the server administration is done by AWS. A serverless construction takes away the hassle of maintaining servers to run applications, databases, and storage systems.
Explaining it furthermore, Serverless applications are event-driven cloud-based systems where application development depends exclusively on a set of third-party services, client-side logic, and cloud-hosted remote procedure calls.
Serverless architectures help reduce system overloading, data loss, and lavish development.
- Easy to install
- Improved scalability
- it lessens expansion and on-going support funds
- fortifies app architecture
- escalates elasticity
With serverless technologies downloading file backups, notification delivery, and object export can be done with remarkable speed. There are no second thoughts; serverless architecture will dramatically change the methodology to web development.
9. Continuous Integration and Deployment
The web world is largely dependent upon speed and continuity irrespective of the businesses and professions that use the web to promote their services and products. Occurrence in Regular bug fixes, updates, improvements in UI/UX, etc. makes web service accountable and user preferred. Also, most current applications require developing code in different platforms and tools, the team needs a mechanism to integrate and legalize its changes affecting overall business. Thus, Continuous Integration and Deployment are essential in the web realm.
To put it simply, Continuous Integration is the process of testing each change done to your codebase robotically and quickly. Continuous Deployment tracks the testing that happens during Continuous Integration and drives changes to a staging or invention system. While continuous delivery means apps get into production for detailed testing, and continuous deployment updates them mechanically.
- Reduced code changes are simpler
- Error isolation is simpler and quicker.
- The product improves rapidly through a fast feature summary
- Mean time to resolution (MTTR) is shorter due to the smaller code changes and quicker faulting isolation.
- Testability increases because of the reduced, precise changes: permitting accurate positive and negative tests.
- Elapsed time to detect and exact production escapes are shorter with a faster rate of release.
10. Cloud technology is here to stay
Cloud technology is expanding at an alarming rate across businesses of all sizes and types and even government organizations. Cloud enables zero compromises on the privacy of data and is the best possible choice for scalability and flexibility of data storage.
11. 5G Technology will be matchless
To address the ever-increasing need for enhanced services and faster connectivity 5G cellular networks is here to propel new opportunity for people, businesses and societies. 5G technology is intended for compute-intensive apps like augmented reality, virtual reality, and 4K video streaming. Software developers involved in creating designs and features that enhance businesses will return to 5G without doubt; Web development will benefit immensely.
With the use of fresh radio frequencies and speed reaching 100 Gbps, the 5G technology is about 100 times faster than 4G networks and connoisseurs in the software development industry envisage that it will lead the standard data transmission with 1.4 billion devices worldwide in the next five years.
- Superior speed in transmissions
- Lower dormancy
- The larger number of connected devices
- Network cutting
- Enriched Capacity
- Accessibility and Coverage
12. Mixed Reality (MR)
Mixed Reality (MR), is an amalgamation of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). It plays a pivotal role in enterprise applications. AR combines digital content with the physical environment of users, whereas VR creates an experience for users.
Organizations in industries such as web app development, tourism, architecture, construction, gaming, healthcare, are becoming increasingly aware of the value of MR for their businesses.
How MR is making a revolution:
- Businesses, government organizations, and even non-profit organizations are using AR and VR to train their employees in multifaceted jobs.
- The ability to overlap digital information on the physical environment on a real-time basis creates potentials for augmented reality in business.
- Media and entertainment businesses are using AR and VR in a significant way to offer engaging content to consumers.
- Businesses are using AR and VR to allow their prospective customers to “try-out” their products virtually, and this boosts their sales effort.
Augmenting enterprise solutions with transparency, efficiency, and security the bitcoins created a fresh gateway for web development. The cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ether have brought to the surface blockchain, a peer-to-peer (P2P) network, offering decentralization, a distributed ledger, transparency, and security features.
Clever contracts running on blockchain networks are tamper-proof and transparent, thus escalating security and trust. Furthermore, their execution is irreversible, creating ease of contract administration.
- Safeguarding the Internet of Things (IoT)
14. IoT: Internet of Things
We reside in a world of exceedingly good technology, and life without the internet won’t be possible anymore. Understanding the vitality of remaining connected has given birth to IoT(Internet of Things).
IoT refers to a large assortment of internet-connected devices that measure with alternate devices and networks. They perform diverse functions and aid in gathering information.
- Advanced observance
- New capabilities to forecast and act
- Increase client discourse
- Modify services and products
- Improve management of operation methods
MEAN stack includes:
- MongoDB – an info
- React.js – and internet framework
- Vue.js – a front-end framework
- Angular – a front-end framework
- Flutter for net
React library plays a major role. It’s usually used as an associate auxiliary for Angular within the MEAN stack. It empowers quicker and easier implementation of changes; therefore a lot of developers select it over Angular.
Vue has already established its presence in the world market once gigantic names shifted to VUE.
Angular could be a TypeScript-based ASCII text file net application framework headed by the Angular Team at Google and by a community of people and firms.
Lastly, a preferred resolution is Flutter for the net. Flutter is an associate ASCII text file UI code development kit created by Google. It helps create excellent work of net apps on any device, so it stands tall in net developers’ scores.
While these trends are here to stay, some of them could be replaced with better versions of themselves. But there is always a constant that acts as a catalyst to keep your business noticed and that is a team of dedicated digital heroes who know exactly what’s right for your business in the web world. And this is no talk, this is about the experience, expertise, market knowledge, and skills par excellent. Element8 prides on years of making businesses propel in the digital weave through a fabric of ideas and innovation that has sparked a fresh trail of followers and users for every brand we worked with. Let us be your catalyst and we assure you of services that will leave you to focus on your core business activity, without having to worry about a strong web presence. For more info Get in touch